Beth Made it to a Seat at the Boardroom Table and Wondered - Did she even need the Table?
Beth Stevenson is a mother, wife, sister, daughter and the Founder and President of Brain Power Studio. At their core, Brain Power is motivated by making beautiful quality family entertainment. Together with the Brain Power team, Beth creates, produces and distributes a catalog of dynamic properties across both traditional and new media platforms.
Development is unquestionably Beth’s first love. Starting with a spark of an idea and then helping to bring it to life is something that Beth will never tire of. As a mother of twin girls, Beth is driven to give young girls and women a strong voice in the films that she makes. This is one of the forces behind her success as a sought after producer in the industry.
To date, Beth has served as Executive Producer in over 13 movies and 41 series. In addition to My Perfect Romance, A Very Country Christmas, Christmas Wedding Planner and A Witches’ Ball, Beth has been an Executive Producer on Luna Petunia (Saban Brands/Netflix), Julius Jr. (Saban Brands/Nick Jr.), Fuzzy Tales (Disney Jr./CBC), Gastroblast (TVO), A Puppy for Christmas (Marvista Entertainment), My Dad is Scrooge (Marvista Entertainment).
My chat with Beth has many key takeaways including;
1. She was inspired by her mom to be all you can be
2. Be an individual
3. Learn through other peoples mistakes
4. Learn on other peoples dime
5. Absorb as much as you can along your journey
6. Trust your instincts and experience
7. Raising capital is hard
8. Building a business from scratch is hard
Take a moment to listen to our kitchen conversation.
Beth's Many Awards and Nominations
- 2010 Gemini Award for Best Children’s or Youth Non-Fiction Program or Series: Canada’s Super Speller
- 2008 Gemini Award for Best Animated Program or Series: Chop Socky Chooks
- 2006 Gemini Award for Best Animated Program or Series: Bromwell High
- 2005 Gemini Award for Best Children’s or Youth Fiction Program or Series: Radio Free Roscoe
- 2000 Gemini Award for Best Animated Program or Series: Angela Anaconda
- 2002 BAFTA Children’s Award for Best International: Angela Anaconda
- 2009 Daytime Emmy for Outstanding New Approaches – Daytime Children’s: Artopia
- 2008 Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Pre-School Children’s Series: Super Why!
- 2006 Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Special Class Animated Program: The Save-Ums!
- 2001 Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Special Class Animated Program: Angela Anaconda
- 2000 Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Special Class Animated Program: Angela Anaconda